Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Pictures...


Chapter 27:

I’m off schedule but with what’s been happening I should be excused. Transfer week is always difficult and this week was transfer week. We lost Elder Smith and Elder Willombe. Elder Smith was so close to our hearts that it was especially hard. Loving these Elders sure makes it hard to say farewell. Boo Hoo!

He is now a Zone leader in the North East area which is close to the office and more affluent area of Joburg. He will enjoy working there as there is lots of variety. I’m sure he will be wonderful. Of course, we gave him a list of things to do as a zone leader…mainly, get a cluster out in Lydenburg! We have so many interested people there but when they hear that church is 100ks away they shiver… We had a meeting with Calisto on Friday and our server explained that she knew our church. “I attended many times in Kanymazane. Yes, I liked it very much. I would like to go back. Nelspruit? Oh no. I cannot afford to go that far.”  We actually talked to her about coming in with Calisto when he rides with the Sibanyoni’s. She agreed that would be great. Calisto has been spreading the gospel to all his fellow workers and three of them would like to come to church with him. With one set of Elders and Calisto we could baptize a Branch in less than a year and we already have Priesthood there and we’ve picked out a building. We are ready to move. We just have to convince President Dunn. So, we’ve given that assignment to Elder Smith… (If only it were that easy)

Our Institute class is going well. We’re already in 1 Nephi 15. Seminary is as productive but we’re only in lesson 5. I’m reading the D&C along with the kids as this is a requirement for graduation. So, along with Book of Mormon, Seminary lessons, Sunday School lessons, D&C and stuff for district meeting I’m getting a lot of reading in. Lucky me. Can’t think of a better way to spend my time.

Except for watching a few TV shows on Netflix with my companion. Fun times.

The weather has cooled down a lot. We are actually enjoying the cool mornings and cooler nights. We’re back to using our blankets for covers. I am no longer sticky and wet all day long. It’s turning from summer to winter so we will still have warm afternoons but it is not blazing hot. Ah, I can breathe again. It is however, getting darker earlier. It’s not even 5 in the afternoon and the sun is already setting.  

We are still happy and productive although with the Elders all at transfer meeting in Joburg we have had a very quiet day. Martha cleaned our flat today; we did a bit of shopping, ate at a Portuguese restaurant and even took a nap. Ah, the rigors of missionary life.

Enjoy the photos. I’ll try to be a bit more timely next week. Still no monkeys in my kitchen, thank goodness…have you seen the mess they make???? Martha would kill me!

Thandaza, our helper at Mopani Pharmacy. She gave us the pillow below. We are sending the Elders to her as she lives in Nelspruit.

cute huh? A gift from Thandaza




My Valentine's gift from my Valentine... He named him Valentino... Cutest Elephant ever!

My gift for Seminary, Elders and ES but he didn't eat any... not even one!!!! He's doing so well on his diet plan. Best he's ever done!

Our last District Meeting as "the group". Sure will miss the guy on my right.
 

Our last meeting with Calisto and Elder Smith. Calisto cried when E. Smith told him he was leaving. The woman next to ES is named Olga and sat in on the lesson.

This is Combi. She works way out of KaNyamazane but ES and E. Swan went to visit her.

This is where she works. It's called a Tuck shop but very similar to a NY Bodega or 7-11

Another view
 

Martha's house in Piernar.

Martha's gold mine... she thinks anyway

her view

kitchen

bedroom... not bad for a township
 

This is Gogo Grace. Gogo means Grandmother. And, ah, yes she is wearing only her garment top... E. Swan was glad she had that on... usually, its National Geographic time around Kanymazane... LOL

A house E. Swan and some other Branch members are building for another member... a single sister




inside. still working on the floor



But, location, location, location... What a view. Not too bad for a free house with no rent, no property taxes and no ... well, at this point lots of no's but its a work in progress and love.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sister Scott! I've been reading your blog since E Smith came up there. He was my son's trainer in Daveyton. Now, I think my son has transfered somewhere up north. I'm not sure yet. But, if he ends up anywhere near you...guess what he's been doing in Daveyton since October? He helped to organize and start 2 CLUSTERS that are really successful. So, if E Smith can pull some strings, E Clegg has experience on getting them going and working.

    ReplyDelete

NYC: Murder Brooklyn Style

NYC: Murder Brooklyn Style
Dang this copyrighted stuff! Couldn't get rid of the red face!

NYC: A Mission To Die For

NYC: A Mission To Die For